I wake, feeling refreshed.
2:30 a.m, again. Curses!!!!!
I refuse to be awake! With my eyes closed, I count sheep jumping over a fence, until the sheep in my mind refuse any more to jump. Next, I count sheep as they walk into the hotel, until, in my mind, the door man closes and locks the door. Miniature sheep on a conveyor belt don't get me to sleep either. Power blinks off and on. The digital control center is affected and several lights turn on in my room. I turn them off (in only 10 minutes this time) and put eyeshades over my face. I fall asleep around 5 a.m.
8:30 a.m. the alarm clock beeps me awake. 8:45 a.m, I finally get the clock to stop beeping.
For lunch today, we go to Subway. One of my lunch companions is Sapna. Subway... sub... sup... Sapna.
I give a presenentation to the team on how the American healthcare system works (badly) and how it relates to the Medstat business and to the Reno project.
At 5:00, I use my web cam to call home. Pam puts the laptop on the kitchen table in front of Tyler. We chat as he eats breakfast. Using the web cam to call home is much more fulfilling than a voice-only call.
Dinner is at another Asian restaurant. I learn some more names: american sounding name.. Nick Hill... Nikhil. Swiss Alps.. Alp.. Alpesh. Shish kabob.. Shish.. Shishir. Ram talks about his trip last week to California. He loved Whale watching off Monteray Bay. He loved San Fransisco. He's not used to being places with so few people. He's not used to a car-oriented society. When he asked directions at one point he was told that the place he was looking for was 10 minutes down the road. So he set off walking in that direction. 25 minutes later it dawned on him that 10 minutes could only be achieved if driving a car. He went to a restaurant with an American and thought the man very rude for ordering his own dish and expecting Ram to figure out his meal on his own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment