Monday, May 21, 2007

Saturday

Today is the day. Passport? Check. Shots? Check. Melatonin? Doh! So, I buy some at Whole Foods. I bring the Melatonin home. I take a taxi to the airport. The Melatonin sits safely on the counter at home where I put it (Doh!).

The taxi driver used to work as a security guard at the 777 building. I don't recognize her.

I arrive early at the airport. I check-in at the Air France counter. I avoid the big line by going in the Elite line. With business class tickets, I'm allowed to go into the Northwest lounge. So, I do. Very nice. I setup my laptop to test out the web cam I bought. I call home with the web cam and video conference with my wife and son. Cool, it works! While I was going to the airport and checking in, Tyler was playing soccer. His team lost 9 to 0.

I meet up with Heidi and we have dinner at the Mediterranean Grill. We board the Air France plane. The flight attendant speaks to me in French and points in the general direction of my seat. I say "Merci" and go and sit down. For the rest of the flight, she speaks French to me (of which, I can understand nothing). Fortunately, she speaks perfect English to the people across the aisle from me, so I have a fair idea of what's going on. They bring dinner. I eat it, even though we had just eaten at the airport. But, it was just the first course! With great sadness, I wave off the second course.

Business class is great. I kill 15 minutes just figuring out how to work the remote control for the chair. Then, I kill another 15 minutes learning how to use the video system. I watch Rocky Balboa (don't tell anyone). Its not nearly as bad as one would think.

I recline my chair fully and go to sleep.

No comments: